Friday, June 12, 2009

Spinach and Ricotta Pasta.

On my morning walk around the garden I noticed the spinach had erupted during the night ( well it seemed that way ) and there was now lots that needed using. I've been waiting for a glut as I want to make spinach and ricotta ravioli a la Rhonda. I noticed the tutorial on her blog 'down-to-earth' a little while ago. I love Rhonda's blog and try to read every day. It's full of good old down to earth wisdom.




I bought some special pasta flour for my first attempt at homemade pasta, I think they call it 00 flour. Four nice fresh free range eggs and a pinch of salt and I have all I need to start.




This all started when Benny brought this home from work, not man enough for his kitchen but I can't wait to get going with it. A pasta maker all of my own. I'll let you know how it turned out on Monday.






1 comment:

Mia's Classroom said...

Oh, I'm so jealous!! I love that hand-cranked pasta maker so much. All those fresh ingredients, you can't go wrong! My mom's aunt always made fresh, homemade gnocchis (which traditionally has potato filling)and I could kick myself for not learning how when I had the chance. sigh I suppose I could look it up on line, but it's just not the same! :)

~ Mia

ps I love your new blog! Also, my word verification is "ineppit" which looks too much like "inept" for my comfort! :)