Sunday, April 5, 2009

On a duck hunt.





The Granddaughter requested that I "go say hello to the ducks" when I returned home. This afternoon I have been on a duck hunt but it seemed those pesky duck didn't like the lovely sunshine. Plenty of seagulls, a few crows collecting for their nests but not a duck to be seen.




The sun was shining, there were many people on the beach as I walked by. A few brave souls have actually ventured into the water, well only up to their ankles but never the less in the sea.


My Father used to say it's not summer until you can put your foot on three daisies. Well I hope these are an omen of what is to come.












At last their they were Mr and Mrs Duck but not very sociable today and were soon off in the direction of a family with a full bag of bread. I did pass on Millsie's regards and they quacked back but as I don't speak Mallard very well I'm not sure of their reply. Hope it wasn't impolite.




No comments: