Friday, September 11, 2009

More dishcloths and socks.

I received my second parcel from the 12 Dancing Dishcloth swap this morning from Linda in Portland, Oregon, aka Scribe. A whole matching set wow I am spoilt. I haven't used any of my swaps yet I'm going to photo them all together first. I love the idea of sending postcards of hometowns in with the swaps. As well as getting all these lovely things we are learning about where our swap group lives.




Here is the cowl I finished last week, I am going to knit a hat and mittens to make it into a set. Another Christmas present in the making. As the nights are drawing in here in Cornwall, dark by eight thirty now, I have moved up a notch on my crafting. It is one of the things about winter I look forward to. Drawing the curtains against the dark night and cosying up on the sofa with OH and my knitting or stitching.






Yarn Harlots basin sock pattern from her book 'Knitting Rules'. I used Brown Sheep Nature Spun fingering in Hurricane Seas. Sounds just the thing to knit a pair of cosy winter socks. I seem to be in bluey green mood with my knitting as the moment. I wonder why I do that with colours? Before that it was greys and browns but I've gone off those now. I have knitted these for myself as I wanted a memento of my trip to Dublin with Pat, last month. I bought the yarn in 'This is Knit' in the Powerhouse centre. Oh so much yummy yarn and so helpful, well worth a visit if you are in Dublin.





Today is one of those beautiful autumn days, full sun still with some warmth, a light breeze and a beautiful fresh smell. The line is full of washing and I have another load ready to go out when I have finished this. I've had a good look around the garden this morning, had a chat to the worms and given them a feed, picked a few cucumbers. They are still producing well, even the vines that have escaped from the greenhouse. I am not going to my allotment today but yesterday I picked French beans, runners, beetroot, a marrow a cabbage, sprouting broccoli and some squash. The corn is still not ripe but with this sunny week we are having I expect we will start picking at the weekend.









I want to bake a cake and make a few scones for the weekend and the washing has finished it's cycle and needs hanging out so I had better go and get on with it.

1 comment:

Notes From The Frugal Trenches said...

wow! I keep trying to knit dishcloths and making mistakes!