Monday, August 31, 2009

Sunflowers and Pumpkins,






I'm very glad I managed to take this photo of the Sunflowers on the allotment. I have never been able to grow such beauties before. Alias they are now bald and almost flat on the ground after the tail end of Hurricane Bill swept through at the beginning of the week. I'll collect up the heads and hang them up for the birds. I love to see them feeding on flower heads.
The poor Lottie is getting very weedy, I haven't been able to do much apart from collect the produce because of the awful weather we are having. Produce has been good though. Bit of a glut on the squash front, my fault, I can never discard plants once they have grown. I'm now waiting for the Queensland blue pumpkins to ripen.


They are still green as yet BUT!!!!!! time will tell.






Here is the tallest sunflower, I didn't have anything to measure it with but I guess about eight feet.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love the sunflowers :)