Sunday, May 1, 2011

Sad day today.

Last year I introduced you to Pedro my daughter's little dog. 

http://nowimagrandma.blogspot.com/2010/01/pedro-wonder-dog.html

Pedro was a bit poorly last week, Bex took him to the vet and they found a lump. Unfortunately it was a cancerous growth and not operable. He had about six to nine weeks of good quality life left the vet said. So they took him home to love and cherish for those last weeks but it was not to be. I sorry to say our little fella died tonight 




R.I.P  Pedro the Wonder Dog.

7 comments:

Leanne said...

Sounds like he ended up with a great home.
I am sure he will be missed - they seem to worm their way into peoples hearts

Love Leanne

Kath said...

So sad to read this Pippa, our animal companions become a very important part of our families. I am comforted to know that he died at home with the folks he loved.

Lisa said...

Such sad news Pippa. It must have been fate that brought Pedro to your daughter's home. Sounds like he had a wonderful life with your daughter and her family. He looks so much like my Tana :)

angela said...

R.I.P Pedro. Its so sad when our pets die. At least he was loved till the end.

Rose said...

Dear Pippa, we were so sad to read this -- during your visit you told us so much about Pedro. Please tell Bex and family we are thinking of them. Cyber hugs dear friend.

Unknown said...

Sad news Pip, I know how much it hurts to lose a beloved pet. Hugs to your daughter. Maa

Rachael said...

How sad. I'm so sorry. At least Pedro was loved and cherished in his last few months.He was beautiful xx