Friday, August 6, 2010

Having the glums.






I so needed to see this little face this morning. One or two things yesterday made me feel sad and I needed to lift the mood. The last straw was as I was coming home from the supermarket I was very close to a car accident. A poor man lost control of his car and crashed into large sign. The sign was between his car and mine, if it hadn't been there he would have hit my passenger side at speed. Although my car and I were both unscathed it was still a terrible shock. The poor man was injured and his lovely car was completely smashed up. I could not stop thinking about what might have been.
Pampa made me sit and he cooked our supper, not curry as I was going to do but lovely hot crispy chips with loads of salt and vinegar and a perfect fried egg. Sometimes you just need comfort food such as these.

Other things during the day had upset me to some degree, extended family who can't comprehend the way we wish to live.

I so thankful that I am who I am at this time. I'm thankful I can be who I am. I'm thankful for my good friends who understand me and I'm thankful for the ones who don't understand me but except me for who I am.

While I was sitting going over the events of the day a friend from the knit club phoned to ask if I would like her to pick up some toy stuffing, as she was going to the shop today and it would be no trouble. She'd remembered I had said I need some to finish a teddy. A kind thought so appreciated.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you are OK - sounds very scary. Don't worry about what other people are thinking, just be who you are. Nothing else matters.
Have a great weekend.

Rose said...

Oh Pippa, I wish i lived close enough to run over for a chat and a cuppa. Car things like the one you described are very scary aren't they? So glad you are ok.

Pampa had the right idea, rev up the comfort food, he sounds like my sort of bloke. Cyber hugs tp you.

angela said...

I am so glad you are ok!
I too get alot of comments on how I live my life, but I have found, especially in blog land, that for ever negative comment there is someone out there to give me a positive.
Have a nice cuppa and relax, you sound as though you need it.

cathleen said...

What a cutie-pie. I feel the same way about my grandgirlies. If I am feeling a wee bit down, seeing their little faces fill me with joy! Glad you are safe and sound.

LashyLashla said...

Thinking of you Pippa, hope that a smile comes back to your face soon xx

Deb said...

Hope you are feeling better. Ive had a lovely time going through your blog. Love it!
Hugs.
D