Monday, April 26, 2010


The poly tunnel is up and running at last. The wet and windy weather disappeared a couple of weeks ago and the 'boys' got to work. I didn't interfere as, apparently, this was man's work. There was a bit of head scratching and a few choice words but all in all it was an alright job.



Here we are all finished and I love it. Doesn't take much to make me happy. There is still lots of work to be done inside but I've started on that. The advantage is I can garden in the wet now and grow a lot more tender fruit and veg, with an extended growing season.




Quite some digging needed here but I've already started to enrich the soil with well rotted manure and some of my own compost. I have founds some old scaffold boards that will make good boarder edges. Just got to fix them up.




Here is my little potting area, I was just sowing a few yard long beans and a few sunflowers to attract the bees.




I have already started to fill it up. Newly sown PSB, calabrase, and summer cabbage at the back. A little yellow tomato next, not sure of it's name. The a couple of trays of leeks and a tray of runner beans I was gifted by one of the other plot holders. In the foreground are heritage tomatoes I received as a free gift on an Australian gardening mag.




There has been a lot more happening since I took these photos, in the week. More beans and sweetcorn have been sown and eaten by the mice. I've re-sowed at home and those seeds are up and growing. More pictures tomorrow.

2 comments:

Mia's Classroom said...

Pippa, you are on your way! I am soooo envious of your poly tunnel! It's beautiful and functional....my two favorite things.

Rina ... also Chester or Daisysmum. said...

Hey that's great it's up. Happy gardening, weather looks great.