Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Off for the day.

Last Thursday I had a little day out. An unexpected day out but never the less very enjoyable. A trip to a yarn shop to take part in a wooly workshop. Not very frugal I know but a girl can't live to knit dishcloths all the time. This is what we knitted, a fluffy cuff with beads and sequins. Only I didn't add the sequins, the beads were enough bling for me. The yarn is one of my favourite, Rowan Kid Silk Haze, so soft but so impractical. The photo is not good and doesn't show the colours at all well. They are two beautiful greens not grey as looks.
The yarn shop 'spin-a-yarn' is in Bovey Tracy, a small town just outside Exeter, in the beautiful Devon countryside. Small in size but crammed full of the most marvellous yarns and notions. I did spend some of my pocket money on a couple of pairs of new knitting needles, including a rather nice set of sock needles. A enough Rowan yarn to knit a pair of fingerless mittens and another pair of fluffy cuff, both as Christmas presents. Also two lots of sock yarn both in multi shades of blue, both destine for more Christmas presents.
Lunch was part of the package, quiche, salad and potato salad, all homemade and very tasty.

6 comments:

Rose said...

Wow! That's amazing looking yarn Pippa.

Why have I heard of "Bovey Tracy"? Is it famous or would you have mentioned it?

Unknown said...

The yarn looks lovely knitted up although it seems quite thin. What size needles are you using,Pippa?
Maa

Rachael said...

So pretty! Love the beads, the yarn, the colours....

Anonymous said...

Hello Pippa
I've just found your blog through Frugal Queens's blog and was delighted to see that you live in Falmouth. Up until 3 years ago, I spent all my life in the Penryn/Falmouth area and spent over 20 years living in the Boslowick area. So you can see that I really appreciate all your Falmouth photos.
Mary

Mrs Thrifty said...

These are beautiful - my daughter would love them. Are they hard to knit?

Kath said...

that is so beautiful! I love the colours, the beads and frilly edge.